Friday, December 4, 2009

Picture This

Okay, so here's a picture of what used to be my house before we sold it and moved to Tasmania:



Nice. Here's a view of the top part of the back of my house before we sold it and moved to Tasmania:



Beautiful. Here's a picture of us driving our van down Sargent Avenue a few months ago:



Isn't that wonderful? What's even more "wonderful" is that I didn't even have to take any of these pictures myself, nor did I even have to arrange to have them taken.

Google did it for me.

"Unnecessary" is the word that comes to mind.

"Google commissioned by..." is a sentence I would like to know the entirety of.

I am sure there are more than seventeen conspiracy theories as to why Google would spend the money taking pictures of the view as you drive down McMicken St in Winnipeg, and I am also sure that many of these involve governments of the world and a dissolution of all that is private.

There are, no doubt, people trying to take over the world, but as to Google's involvement, I cannot be certain.

Even if it were so, there is a God in heaven of whom it is written:

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."

If we are scared of how much Google can see, then let us be reminded as to how much God can see. He can see all that Google sees, but he also can see into the very depths of our heart. The place where our motives lie. Let us be sober-minded about how we spend our time, what we see and what we hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment