One of the more interesting theories to be developed in the twentieth century was the theory of relativity. When Einstein first proposed it many thought he was crazy. Over the years it has come to be accepted as fact. I have disproven it. The flawless argument proceeds as follows:
1. According to the theory of relativity, anything that has mass cannot travel the speed of light, nor exceed it.
2. If it can be shown, therefore, that an object with mass could travel faster than the speed of light, the theory of relativity would be shown to be absolutely false.
3. Analog Clocks can be created.
4. An analog clock is a circle, and the second hand is the length of the radius of the circle. The distance the very tip of the second hand travels is the circumference of the circle, which of course is a function of the length of the second hand itself.
5. The formula for the circumference of the circle is 2&pi r, with r being the length of the second hand.
6. The tip of the second hand travels the circumference of the circle in exactly one minute.
7. Since analog clock can be created, create one with a second hand that is 3 billion meters long. The distance it travels is therefore 2 * 3.1415926535897932 * 3,000,000,000 = 18,849,555,921.5 meters. It does this is one minute. Since there are 60 seconds in one minute, we can get the number of meters per second the tip of the second hand is travelling by dividing by 60.
8. 18,849,555,921.5 / 60 = 314,159,265.359 meters per second.
9. The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second.
10. The second hand on an analog clock has mass.
10. Therefore by the truth of point number 2, the theory of relativity is completely false.
It's too bad the theory has been believed up until this point, when it is so easy to disprove. It's a good thing this blog has enough room to contain it.